Teledyne Impulse-PDM is a harsh environment engineering company which has been in business for over 30 years. The European distributor for off-the-shelf Teledyne Impulse underwater connectors and cable assemblies, during the last quarter of a century, we have developed into a subsea engineering company supplying high quality bespoke engineered connectivity solutions to customer requirements.
Today, our products are used in harsh conditions in a broad range of industries including the military; oil and gas; marine; nuclear; renewable energy; Remotely Operated Underwater Vehicles; Autonomous Underwater Vehicles; oceanographic; geophysical, and scientific. Geographically, the company provides engineered solutions worldwide, and specifically to the UK; Europe; India; Singapore, and Egypt.
Teledyne Impulse-PDM continues to enjoy successful growth by working closely with customers to gain a clear understanding of their requirements. The depth of engineering knowledge and experience within the company is unrivaled in the underwater engineering industry, and allows PDM to provide innovative solutions to customer issues, along with a high quality bespoke design and application engineering service. TI-PDM can supply products with full RoHS compliance, and is a registered EEE producer.
Teledyne Impulse-PDM, is a distributor of underwater electrical connectors, cables, harnesses, and cable assemblies for the UK and European subsea market. We also offer a broad range of quality engineering services, including the Quickcure Molding System and related polyurethane materials.
DESIGN – our engineers design bespoke subsea connector and cable solutions for harsh environments, including military connectors and assemblies used on the T45 and Astute naval programs.
MANUFACTURE – wiring, encapsulation, and molding of underwater cables and harnesses. We manufacture the Omicron and Omega underwater fiber optic connectors.
TEST – We perform the following in-house testing of manufactured products, as required:
- Fiber optical signal loss testing
- Dimensional inspection
PROJECT MANAGEMENT - The company provides total solutions to customers' connector, cable assembly and connectivity projects. Teledyne Impulse-PDM engineers will design, manufacture and test to prototype to ensure the final product supplied meets each project's specifications.
The design engineering team can draw upon experiences ranging from atmospheric diving; remotely operated vehicles; deep sea photographic camera systems; bespoke housings for video cameras and instrumentation, to oceanographic sampling equipment. The engineers have also acquired diverse manufacturing skills and knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and injection molding.
Current and past projects include:
- Navigation buoy electrical cubicles
- Special underwater electrical (including high voltage) connectors
- Water blocked penetrators
- Polyurethane encapsulated sensors and transducers
- Submarine communication cable assemblies
- Underwater cable bend control devices
- Cable strain termination
- - Special electrical (including high voltage) connectors
- - Water blocked penetrators
- - Encapsulated sensors and transducers
- - Instrumentation housings
- - Cable bend control devices
- - Quickcure Molding Systems for offsite cable repairs
- - Remote encapsulated displays for re-breather diving equipment
- - Radar encapsulation on AUVs
- - Load cells and strain sensors on road and rail bridges
- - Anti-rattle devices on submarines.